The warranties referred to below are provided by KC Tools. Subject to the exclusions set out in these terms, the below products sold and marketed by KC Tools are warrantied against faulty workmanship and materials on terms set out below.
KC Tools Lifetime* Guarantee
KC Tools lifetime* guarantee, warrants products against faulty workmanship and materials from the date of purchase. This guarantee does not cover any product that has been misused, abused, altered, or subjected to normal wear and tear.
KC Tools 24 Month Warranty
KC Tools 24-month warranty warrants products against faulty workmanship and materials from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover any product that has been misused, abused, altered, or subjected to normal wear and tear.
KC Tools 12 Month Warranty
KC Tools 12-month warranty warrants products against faulty workmanship and materials from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover any product that has been misused, abused, altered, or subjected to normal wear and tear.
KC Tools provides a range of warranty periods for KC Tools product ranges, including but not limited to the following:
For KC Tools Professional and Impact Tools - you can make a claim under KC Tools lifetime* guarantee warranty for the replacement or repair of products.
For KC Tools AOK Tools products - you can make a claim under KC Tools 24 month warranty for the replacement or repair of products.
For ProAm Tools and KC Tools Industrial, Air and Storage products - you can make a claim under KC Tools 12 month warranty for the replacement or repair of products.
The benefits conferred by these warranties are in addition to any other rights and remedies you may have under the Australian Consumer Law and/or other applicable laws.
Each KC Tools Product is designed and manufactured for a specific purpose. KC Tool warranties do not cover products that have been used for purposes other than for its intended use, or that is misused, abused, or subjected to normal wear and tear, or products which have not been correctly maintained.
KC Tools warranties also do not apply to the following products:
- Sockets and socket accessories used on impact guns (not including impact range)
- Screwdrivers used as chisels or tyre levers
- Ratchets that have been affected by normal wear and tear or that have been dented, grooved and broken
- Circlip Plier Tips
- Extension Bars, Breaker Bar and Flex Handles that have had pipe applied for extra leverage or have been struck with a hammer
- Storage (except where specified)
- Taps and Dies
- Hexagon Keys / TORX Keys
- Power Driving Bits and Impact Driver Bits
- Cold Chisels & Punches
- Screw Extractors
- Drill Bits
- Hexagon / TORX Bits
- Consumable products (including but not exclusive to: knife blades, hack saw blades, drill bits, augers, grinding wheels, tyres, vacuum bags, nozzles, globes, LED’s, batteries, fittings, springs, blades, chucks, chisels, pads or any other such attachments)
- Serviceable parts (including but not exclusive to: bearings, seals, filters, spark plugs, globes, belts, batteries, fluids, fittings, springs)
- Castor wheels / Creeper wheels
- Bolt Cutter Jaws
KC Tools warranties also do not cover damage to or loss of items stored in any KC Tools storage boxes (such as tool boxes or vehicle storage boxes).
How to make a claim?
To make a valid claim through our KC Tools warranty range you must:
- Return the product to the place of purchase or to an authorised KC Tools retailer with a receipt or invoice clearly showing the date of purchase and provide KC Tools with any further information if requested, or;
- KC Tools online claim form.
You are responsible for all costs incurred by you to return the KC Tools product to KC Tools and all other costs you incur in making a claim under this warranty.
If you make a claim under the KC Tools warranty and none of the exclusions set out above apply, KC Tools will at its election, repair or replace the KC Tools product under warranty and return the repaired or replacement product to the purchaser at KC Tool’s cost.
All repairs conducted on KC Tools products under this warranty must be carried out by an authorised KC Tools repair agent.
KC Tools products come with warranties that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
*Lifetime of the product may vary from product to product.